Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The upcoming with Noa Drezner



Thursday night:
A show of Noa Drezner with Shuky Shveiky, Hagai Leshem and Yael Tuchfeld. 
A special guest: Yishai Ben Yaacov.

A year and a half I'm a photographer at Raash Magazine, an Israeli music magazine that goes on only at the web. The manager was shocked when I offered myself. He saw that I take photos of flamenco. He told me that he can see what I can do, but I no enough experience at taking photos at music shows that don't includes dancing. I took some photos at a show of a musician without a connection to flamenco after I asked if it will be fine. He accepted. I sent the photos for both - the musician and the manager of the magazine. Two different answers: the musician thanked me and said that the photos are pretty. The manager of the magazine told me what's wrong at the photos (everything). I found myself this way at the crew of the magazine. A year and a half. Recently the work at the magazine went down almost to zero. The work there was very difficult from so many reasons and not real money. At the start the manager was angry with me that I offered some shows that didn't include at the list that he sent. At the only crew meeting - the idea was changed. Anything we find - it's fine to offer doing it to the magazine, even if it isn't at the list. Recently there was one flamenco work that I did to the magazine - Baldy Olier gave a lecture about flamenco, his son was playing and Ayelet Shachar was dancing. I offered to take some photos. Another photographer offered herself as well. I was sure that at the end she will get it. At the end there was a kob that was good for me: I took the photos and the other one wrote about it. I thought I got if thanks to the fact that I'm the only photographer at the magazine with some experience of dancing photography. I hoped so, but didn't ask. 

Now I found out about Noa Drezner's show. I offered her to come and take some photos. She liked the idea. And because now we can offer work to the magazine - I offered to do it to the magazine. Bad idea. The manager of the magazine decided that I try to rule the magazine. And no, I won't write about it as Noa wanted because I know her personally. Oh, so the other photography job I received with flamenco to the magazine was because I mentioned that I know Ayelet  personally.... 

It was a good but difficult time at the magazine. I told them that I will move on soon. End of June I'm leaving the magazine. No respond.

A day and a half before show - I hear from Noa that it turned out well. The magazine send someone to write about the show and they know that I will come to take some photos for the magazine at her show. So, I will go on taking photos of flamenco, but this flamenco show will be the last work that I do for the magazine. Come with me


No comments:

Post a Comment